The objectives of the ACE – Advanced Continuing Education initiative of the Ibero-American Consortium for Science and Technology Education (ISTEC) are:
- To create spaces for discussion, collaboration and presentation of both local and regional projects that help the growth and progress of our peoples and communities in Latin America.
- Respond to the challenges posed by ICTs in higher education.
- To offer training opportunities for those who need continuing education (promoting the development of academic activities and projects and professional updating within the framework of a scholarship, financial aid and training program).
- To support networks of academic excellence of limited or national coverage, so that they can enhance their inter-American projection.
- To collaborate in the effort to reduce the ‘second digital division’ referring to differences in the ability to use ICT.