Through the Professional Development Series under the R&D Initiative, ISTEC has created Academic Training Centers in Latin America between 2010 and 2013. The training centers receive donations of Xilinx development boards with the purpose of creating or updating FPGA laboratories, and will work with ISTEC to build important training workshops for the use of this technology.
The training provided through these centers allow the universities the opportunity to give back to their community through development of innovative technological applications and the efficient management of collaborative networks.
It is also an opportunity to train local engineers in the use of emerging technologies, the adoption of which will promote the growth of local industry. The ISTEC-XILINX Academic Training Centers will also assist in the synchronization of efforts made by research groups throughout the region through the development of effective communication networks that will support an Embedded Systems Knowledge Community. The objectives of the Knowledge Community is, among others:
- To create international workshops that will foster excellence within the region.
- To create synergies within the scientific communities of the region.
- To create a database of relevant content, including the development and delivery of courses and tutorials accessible to all interested ISTEC members.
Existing Training Centers under this program are:
- Universidad Técnica Particular de Loja (UTPL), Ecuador
- Pontificia Universidad Javeriana – Cali (PUJ), Colombia
- Universidad Privada Boliviana Cochabamba (UPB), Bolivia
- Universidad Tecnológica de Panamá (UTP)
- Universidad Veracruzana, Veracruz, México
- Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú, Lima, Perú (PUCP)
- Universidad de Ingeniería y Tecnología (UTEC), Lima, Perú
- Universidad Santo Tomás, Bogotá, Colombia (UST)
Training Workshops History and 2013 Events:
- July 2010………….UTPL, Loja, Ecuador
- December 2010……PUJ, Cali, Colombia
- April 2012…………UPB, Cochabamba, Bolivia
- May 2012…………UV, Veracruz, México
- July 2012………….UTP, Panamá City
- March 2013……….PUCP, Lima, Perú
- March 2013……….UTEC, Lima, Perú
Robotics is the fastest growing industry and most advanced technology used in education and research. The NAO humanoid robot is the ideal platform for teaching or researching in Science and Technology. By using our NAO robotics platform, instructors and researchers stay current with major technical and commercial breakthroughs in programming and applied research.
More information about the NAO humanoid robot: